The scandal of the century : and other writings / Gabriel García Márquez ; translated by Anne McLean ; foreword by Jon Lee Anderson ; edited by Cristóbal Pera.
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections. English
- First edition.
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2019. , ©2019
xxiv, 302 pages ; 25 cm
- Spanish literature -- Translations into English.
LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES / Journalism.
BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Literary Figures.
LITERARY COLLECTIONS / Essays.
García Márquez, Gabriel, 1927-2014 -- Translations into English.
García Márquez, Gabriel, 1927-2014.
- "From one of the titans of twentieth-century literature, collected here for the first time: a selection of his journalism from the late 1940s to the mid-1980s--work that he considered even more important to his legacy than his universally acclaimed works of fiction"-- Provided by publisher.
- The presidential barber
Topic for a topical piece
An understandable mistake
The lonely hearts killer
Death is an unpunctual lady
The strange idolatry of la Sierpe
A man arrives in the rain
The house of the Buendias
The postman rings a thousand times
The Aracataca tiger
H.H. goes on vacation (fragment)
The scandal of the century
The disappearing women of Paris: are they in Caracas?
"I visited hungary" (fragment)
The world's most famous year
Only twelve hours to save him
June 6, 1958: Caracas with no water
Misadventures of a writer of books
I can't think of any title
The sandinista heist : chronical of the assault on "the hog house"
The cubans face the blockade
The specter of the Nobel Prize
Telepathy without strings
The new oldest profession
Yes, nostalgia is the same as it ever was
Horror story for new year's eve
Poetry, in children's reach
The river of life
Maria of my heart
Like souls in purgatory
Something else on literature and reality
My personal Hemingway
Ghosts of the road
Tales of the road
My other me
Poor good translators
Sleeping beauty on the airplane
Obregon or the boundless vocation
Literature without pain
From Paris, with love
Return to Mexico
Okay, we'll talk about literature
That news board
Return to the seed
How do you write a novel?
- "This is a Borzoi Book published by Alfred A. Knopf."
Translation of: El escándalo del siglo : textos en prensa y revistas (1950-1984).
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Schaffer fund bookplate.
- McLean, Anne, 1962- translator.
Anderson, Jon Lee, writer of foreword.
Pera, Cristóbal, editor.
- Presidential barber.
Topic for a topical piece.
Lonely hearts killer.
Death is an unpunctual lady.
Strange idolatry of la Sierpe.
Man arrives in the rain.
House of the Buendias.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|