General Motors Corporation [electronic resource] : communicating a new vision for survival (A) / Lina Sorenson, Timothy Whitehead, James S. O'Rourke.
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases
1 online resource.
- General Motors Corporation.
Corporations -- Finance.
Automobile industry and trade.
- On November 19, 2008, General Motors Corporation presented an argument in the U.S. House of Representatives to receive bridge loan funding. If the company could not convince the legislators to assist the company through the economic downturn, then the company would soon be bankrupt. The case explores the various causes of the General Motors predicament, the communications strategy employed leading into the congressional hearings, as well as the outcome.
- Originally published in Sorenson, L., Whitehead, T., & ORourke, J. S. (2009). General Motors Corporation: Communicating a new vision for survival (A). 09-09 (A). Notre Dame, IN: The Eugene D. Fanning Center for Business Communication, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame.
Description based on XML content.
- Whitehead, Timothy, author.
O'Rourke, James S., 1946- author.
- 9781526404527 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|