Facebook Beacon [electronic resource] : cool feature or an invasion of privacy? (B) / William R. Borchers, Brett W. Lilley, James S. ORourke.
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases
1 online resource.
- Facebook (Firm)
Social media -- Economic aspects.
Privacy, Right of.
- In November 2007, Facebook introduced Beacon, a feature designed to share a users online activities with friends. With concerns for their privacy, outraged Facebook users began expressing their negative feelings about Beacon. The feature soon become a privacy nightmare for the public, instead of the beneficial addition Facebook envisioned it to be. Now the company is left wondering how to handle its mistakes while maintaining a delicate balance between revenue growth and user privacy.
- Originally published: Borchers, W. R., Lilley, B. W., & ORourke, J. S. (2008). Facebook Beacon: Cool feature or an invasion of privacy? (B). 08-07 (B). Notre Dame, IN: The Eugene D. Fanning Center for Business Communication, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame.
Description based on XML content.
- Lilley, Brett W., author.
ORourke, James S., author.
- 9781526408440 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|