Another cheating scandal--but this time it's not the students [electronic resource] / Terry Anderson.
- London : University of Washington, Evans School of Public Policy & Governance, 2015.
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases
1 online resource.
- Charter schools -- Florida -- Escambia County -- Administration -- Case studies.
Whistle blowing -- Florida -- Escambia County -- Case studies.
School management and organization -- Moral and ethical aspects -- Florida -- Escambia County -- Case studies.
Newport High School.
- Newpoint High School, a charter school in Escambia County, Florida, was accused of grade-fixing, inappropriate behavior, and falsifying attendance records. If proven true, these allegations could have serious operational and possibly criminal ramifications. Despite a series of allegations and reports from a whistleblower, it took almost a year for the accusations to gain tractions. This case focuses on the structure of a charter school, and the relationship between parents, the school district, and the private charter company. It presents a real-life situation in which serious misconduct by a charter school caused a massive public scandal, and shows the ethical implications of such a scandal not just for the perpetrators but for witnesses and prosecutors as well.
- Originally Published InAnderson, T. (2015). Another cheating scandal-But this time it's not the students. Seattle, WA: Evans School of Public Policy & Governance, University of Washington.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on XML content.
- 9781526479815 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|