How IT enables business model innovation at the VDAB [electronic resource] / Stijn Viaene, Saskia Broeckx.
- London : Palgrave MacMillan UK, 2013.
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases
1 online resource : illustrations.
- Information technology -- Economic aspects -- Case studies.
Information technology -- Social aspects -- Case studies.
Computer industry -- Economic aspects -- Case studies.
- This case study invites students to discuss strategic value creation through the use of information technology (IT). It raises issues of business model innovation, IT strategy, digital platforms, ecosystems, business-IT alignment, and leadership. The key character in the case is the Chief Information Officer, Paul Danneels, who is ready to drive the strategic transformation of the VDAB, the Flemish Employment Agency, from a service provider to a labor market conductor. Starting from a firm understanding of the VDAB's trategic choices, students should be able to discuss the positioning and role of the IT department as well as its views on value delivery.
- Originally Published InViaene, S., & Broeckx, S. (2013). How IT enables business model innovation at the VDAB. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases, 3, 78-87.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on XML content.
- Broeckx, Saskia, author.
- 9781526478412 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|