Can friendship stand the heat? [electronic resource] : negotiating funding for a new restaurant / Matthew Cronin.
- London : SAGE Publications: SAGE Business Cases Originals, 2019.
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE research methods. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases
SAGE research methods. Cases
1 online resource.
- Restaurant management -- Decision making -- Case studies.
Restaurants -- Finance -- Case studies.
Partnership -- Moral and ethical aspects -- Case studies.
Fresh (Restaurant) -- Management.
Pop-up Start-up (Television Program).
- Stephen Marltonali is on the verge of securing funding for his newest restaurant venture, Fresh. He just won the pop-up restaurant challenge funded by famed restauranteur and innovator Jose Guerrez's reality TV show Pop-up Start-up, and with this exposure and Guerrez's connections, Marltonali could make the comeback he has so desperately wanted since he was forced to close his last restaurant to fight a custody battle for his son. Yet the decision to accept Guerrez's funding comes with a serious personal cost: he will need to cut his partner and best friend out of the deal. This case uses this common entrepreneurial situation to illustrate the utility of systematic decision making rubrics in negotiation, even for highly emotional and personal decisions. Students must identify the appropriate tangible and intangible interests of the parties involved, and then reconcile these, as well as differing perspectives, into the PrOACT decision framework so that they can select a maximally effective deal. They must also revise their initial framework in response to new information that is revealed in the second part of the case. Ultimately, this is a case about situational construal and clear decision making in the context of entrepreneurial negotiations with close associates.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on XML content.
- 9781526475367 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|