Disruption in Detroit [electronic resource] : Ford, Silicon Valley, and beyond / Ernest Gundling.
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases.
SAGE Knowledge. Cases
1 online resource : illustrations.
- Disruptive technologies -- United States -- Case studies.
Technological innovations -- United States -- Case studies.
Business enterprises -- Technological innovations -- Case studies.
Strategic planning -- United States -- Case studies.
Ford Motor Company.
Automobile industry and trade -- United States -- Case studies.
- This case focuses on the Ford Motor Company in Spring 2016 and how its current CEO, Mark Fields, and his senior management team should best respond to several emerging disruptive technologies that will ultimately force the automaker to modify its current business model. These disruptive technologies include electric vehicles, connectivity autonomous vehicles, car ownership and use, and emergence of subcompact cars. Having experienced a successful financial turnaround under the leadership of its prior CEO, Alan Mulally, during and after the 2008-09 recession, Ford must now decide whether its current investment in responding to these new emerging technologies is too much, too little or just right. As Ford considers the degree of its response, it also faces new competitors in the fast-changing automotive landscape besides its traditional automaker rivals like General Motors, Toyota and Hyundai that now includes the Google, Apple and Tesla from the Silicon Valley as well as BYD and LeEco from China. Ford's history of innovation in response to past opportunities and challenges during its history is also discussed.
- Originally published: Gundling, E. (2016). Disruption in Detroit: Ford, Silicon Valley, and beyond. The Berkeley-Haas Case Series. University of California, Berkeley. Haas School of Business.
Description based on XML content.
- 9781526407573 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|