Planning the wildland-urban interface / Molly Mowery, Anna Read, Kelly Johnston, and Tareq Wafaie.
- Chicago, IL : American Planning Association,  , ©2019
- Report (American Planning Association. Planning Advisory Service) ; no. 594.
PAS report ; 594
144 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 26 cm.
- Wildland-urban interface.
Fire risk assessment.
Wildfires -- Prevention and control.
Urbanization -- Environmental aspects.
- "Wildfires pose a growing threat to communities across the country as development in the wildland-urban interface (WUI) accelerates. This PAS Report offers a holistic planning framework helping planners guide land-use decisions to create communities that are safer and more resilient to wildfire." -- from American Planning Association website.
- Why planning the WUI matters.
Understanding the WUI.
Breaking the WUI fire disaster sequence.
Identifying and assessing wildfire hazard and risk.
A holistic WUI planning framework.
WUI planning tools.
What does the future hold?
- Cover title.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 137-143).
- Read, Anna, author.
Johnston, Kelly, author.
Wafaie, Tareq, author.
American Planning Association. Planning Advisory Service.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|