Young New York / Ethan James Green ; foreword by Hari Nef ; essay by Michael Schulman.
- Other Title:
- Ethan James Green, young New York
- First edition.
- New York, NY : Aperture, 2019. , ©2019
xii, 55 pages : chiefly illustrations ; 27 cm
- Young adults -- New York (State) -- New York -- Portraits.
Photography, Artistic -- Pictorial works.
Portrait photography -- Pictorial works.
New York (State) -- New York.
- Illustrated works.
- "Young New York, Ethan James Green's first monograph, presents a selection of striking portraits of New York's millennial scene-makers, a gloriously diverse cast of models, artists, nightlife icons, queer youth, and gender binary-flouting muses of the fashion world and beyond. Under the mentorship of the late David Armstrong, Green developed a sensitive and confident style and an intense connection with his subjects; his luminous black-and-white portraits, many taken in Corlears Hook Park on the Lower East Side, bring to mind Diane Arbus's midcentury studies of gender nonconformists. Although he often shoots on commission for fashion brands and magazines, for Young New York, Green photographed his close friends and community for more than three years, and his humanist approach transcends the trends of the moment"--Publisher's decription.
- Nef, Hari, 1992- author of foreword.
Schulman, Michael, writer of added text.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|