The analytics lifecycle toolkit : a practical guide for an effective analytics capability / by Gregory S. Nelson.
- 1st edition
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 2018.
- Wiley and SAS business series.
Wiley & SAS Business Series
1 online resource (467 pages).
- Management -- Statistical methods.
Management -- Data processing.
Decision making -- Data processing.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- An evidence-based organizational framework for exceptional analytics team results The Analytics Lifecycle Toolkit provides managers with a practical manual for integrating data management and analytic technologies into their organization. Author Gregory Nelson has encountered hundreds of unique perspectives on analytics optimization from across industries; over the years, successful strategies have proven to share certain practices, skillsets, expertise, and structural traits. In this book, he details the concepts, people and processes that contribute to exemplary results, and shares an organizational framework for analytics team functions and roles. By merging analytic culture with data and technology strategies, this framework creates understanding for analytics leaders and a toolbox for practitioners. Focused on team effectiveness and the design thinking surrounding product creation, the framework is illustrated by real-world case studies to show how effective analytics team leadership works on the ground. Tools and templates include best practices for process improvement, workforce enablement, and leadership support, while guidance includes both conceptual discussion of the analytics life cycle and detailed process descriptions. Readers will be equipped to: Master fundamental concepts and practices of the analytics life cycle Understand the knowledge domains and best practices for each stage Delve into the details of analytical team processes and process optimization Utilize a robust toolkit designed to support analytic team effectiveness The analytics life cycle includes a diverse set of considerations involving the people, processes, culture, data, and technology, and managers needing stellar analytics performance must understand their unique role in the process of winnowing the big picture down to meaningful action. The Analytics Lifecycle Toolkit provides expert perspective and much-needed insight to managers, while providing practitioners with a new set of tools for optimizing results.
- Analytics overview
The people of analytics
Organizational context for analytics
Data strategy, platforms, and architecture
The analytics lifecycle toolkit
Analytic model development
Analytics product management
Core competencies for analytic teams
The future of analytics.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|