Polemical encounters : Christians, Jews, and Muslims in Iberia and beyond / edited by Mercedes García-Arenal and Gerard Wiegers.
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Iberian encounter and exchange, 475-1755 ; vol. 2.
IEE, Iberian encounter and exchange, 475-1755 ; vol. 2
x, 430 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Christianity and other religions -- Iberian Peninsula -- Islam -- History -- Congresses.
Christianity and other religions -- Iberian Peninsula -- Judaism -- History -- Congresses.
Islam -- Relations -- Christianity -- History -- Congresses.
Islam -- Relations -- Judaism -- History -- Congresses.
Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity -- History -- Congresses.
Judaism -- Relations -- Islam -- History -- Congresses.
Polemics -- Congresses.
Iberian Peninsula -- Civilization -- Congresses.
Europe -- Iberian Peninsula.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- "A collection of essays exploring the polemical encounters in the fields of religion and culture that took place among Jews, Christians, and Muslims in the Iberian Peninsula between the late Middle Ages and the seventeenth century"--Provided by publisher.
- "When I argue with them in Hebrew and Aramaic": tathlīth al-wahdānīyah, Ramon Martí, and proofs of Jesus's Messiahship / Thomas E. Burman
Qur'ānic quotations in Latin: translation, tradition, and fiction in polemical literature / Antoni Biosca i Bas, Óscar de la Cruz
The Mudejar polemic ta'yīd al-milla and conversion between Islam and Judaism in the Christian territories of the Iberian peninsula / Mònica Colominas Aparicio
"Sermo ad conversos, christianos et sarracenos": polemical and rhetorical strategies in the sermons of Vincent Ferrer to mixed audiences of Christians and Muslims / Linda G. Jones
Jewish anti-Christian polemics in light of mass conversion to Christianity / Daniel J. Lasker
Theology of the laws and anti-Judaizing polemics in Hernando de Talavera's Católica impugnación / Davide Scotto
The double polemic of Martín de Figuerola's Lumbre de fe contra el Alcorán / Mercedes García-Arenal
Art of conversion? The visual policies of the Jesuits, Dominicans, and Mercedarians in Valencia / Borja Franco Llopis
Marcos Dobelio's polemics against the authenticity of the Granadan lead books in light of the original Arabic sources / Pieter Sjoerd van Koningsveld, Gerard Wiegers
Prisons and polemics: captivity, confinement, and medieval interreligious encounter / Ryan Szpiech
The Libre de bons amonestaments by 'Abd Allāh al-Tarjumān: a guidebook for old and new Christians / John Dagenais
Poetics and polemics: Ibrahim Taybili's anti-Christian polemical treatise in verse / Teresa Soto
Torah alone: Protestantism as model and target of Sephardi religious polemics in the early modern Netherlands / Carsten Wilke.
- "Most of the chapters collected here were presented as papers at the conference 'Polemical Encounters: Polemics between Christians, Jews, and Muslims in Iberia and Beyond,' which took place at the Consejo Superior de Investigaziones Científicas (CSIC) in Madrid in October 2014 ... Other chapters included here were presented afterward at the monthly CORPI seminar and added to the volume."--Acknowledgements.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- García-Arenal, Mercedes, editor.
Wiegers, Gerard Albert, 1959- editor.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|