Divina sezione : l'architettura italiana per la Divina Commedia / a cura di Luca Molinari, Chiara Ingrosso.
- Milano : Skira,  , ©2018
183 pages : chiefly illustrations (chiefly color), plans ; 24 cm.
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321. Divina commedia -- In art -- Exhibitions.
Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321. Divina commedia -- Illustrations -- Exhibitions.
Architectural drawing -- Themes, motives -- Exhibitions.
Judgment Day in art -- Exhibitions.
Divina commedia (Dante Alighieri)
Art, Italian -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
Architectural design -- Italy -- Exhibitions.
Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Architecture in art.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- "The representation of the three worlds crossed by Dante within the Divine Comedy has fascinated visionary artists, illustrators and scientists for centuries. From Botticelli to Galileo through Gustave Dorè and Dalì, many have tried to reproduce, through powerful images, spaces, atmospheres and landscapes of Hell, Purgatory and Paradise. The exhibition 'Divina sezione: l'architettura italiana per la Divina Commedia [Italian architecture for the Divine Comedy],' held in 2018 at the Reggia di Caserta, aims to give space to a contemporary vision of Dante's eschatology, hosting the drawings of over seventy architects of different generations, who created a personal, contemporary vision of the worlds told in the Divine Comedy. The exhibition catalog, produced by Skira, is enriched by critical contributions as well as by a series of essays by Alfonso Gambardella, Chiara Ingrosso, Simona Ottieri and Luca Molinari. The visual and conceptual relationship between the traditional Dante imaginary and its current interpretation is used as a starting point for a broader reflection that looks at the complex and changing comparison between story and image..."--Reggia di Caserta website, viewed Nov. 7, 2018.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Reggia di Caserta, Caserta, Italy, March 8-29, 2018.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Molinari, Luca, editor, curator, author.
Ingrosso, Chiara, 1976- editor, author.
Reggia di Caserta, host institution.
- Molinari, Luca. L'architettura italiana tra disegno, visione e progetto.
Ingrosso, Chiara, 1976- Danteum.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|