Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Pocket Consultant [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- SQL server 2012 pocket consultant
- 1st edition
- Sebastopol : Microsoft Press, 2012.
1 online resource (590 p.)
- SQL server.
- Local subjects:
- Client/server computing. (search)
Database management. (search)
SQL server. (search)
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for the day-to-day administration of SQL Server. Zero in on core support and maintenance tasks using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You'll get the focused information you need to save time and get the job done-whether at your desk or in the field! Get fast facts to: Manage SQL Server services and clientsConfigure, manage, and tune serversImplement policy-based managementAdminister security and accessMonitor server activity and tune perfor
- Cover Page; Copyright Page; Dedication Page; Contents at a Glance Page; Contents Page; Introduction; Who Is This Book For?; How Is This Book Organized?; What Is SQL Server 2012?; System Requirements; Conventions Used in This Book; Other Resources; Support and Feedback; Errata; We Want to Hear from You; Stay in Touch; Part I: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Essentials; Chapter 1: Managing Your SQL Servers; Using SQL Server Management Studio; Getting Started with SQL Server Management Studio; Connecting to a Specific Server Instance; Connecting to a Specific Database; Managing SQL Server Groups
Introducing SQL Server Groups and the Registered Servers ViewCreating a Server Group; Deleting a Server Group; Editing and Moving Server Groups; Adding SQL Servers to a Group; Managing Servers; Registering a Connected Server; Registering a New Server in the Registered Servers View; Registering Previously Registered SQL Server 2000 Servers; Updating Registration for Local Servers; Copying Server Groups and Registration Details from One Computer to Another; Editing Registration Properties; Connecting to a Server; Disconnecting from a Server; Moving a Server to a New Group
Deleting a Server RegistrationUsing Windows PowerShell for SQL Server Management; Starting, Stopping, and Configuring SQL Server Agent; Starting, Stopping, and Configuring MSDTC; Managing SQL Server Startup; Enabling or Preventing Automatic SQL Server Startup; Setting Database Engine Startup Parameters; Managing Services from the Command Line; Managing the SQL Server Command-Line Executable; Managing Server Activity; Examining Process Information; Tracking Resource Waits and Blocks; Troubleshooting Deadlocks and Blocking Connections; Tracking Command Execution in SQL Server
Configuring the TCP/IP Native Client ConfigurationUnderstanding the Services Configuration; Configuring SQL Server Services; Managing Service State and Start Mode; Setting the Startup Service Account; Setting Up File Streaming; Configuring Service Dump Directories, Error Reporting, and Customer Feedback Reporting; Part II: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Management and Security; Chapter 3: Implementing Policy-Based Management; Introducing Policy-Based Management; Working with Policy-Based Management; Configuring Central Management Servers; Registering Central Management Servers
Registering Subordinate Servers and Groups
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Microsoft Corporation Content Provider
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|