SQL tuning / Dan Tow.
- First edition.
- Beijing : O'Reilly, 2003.
1 online resource (336 p.)
- System Details:
- text file
- A poorly performing database application not only costs users time, but also has an impact on other applications running on the same computer or the same network. SQL Tuning provides an essential next step for SQL developers and database administrators who want to extend their SQL tuning expertise and get the most from their database applications. There are two basic issues to focus on when tuning SQL: how to find and interpret the execution plan of an SQL statement and how to change SQL to get a specific alternate execution plan. SQL Tuning provides answers to th
- 1. Introduction
2. Data-Access Basics
3. Viewing and Interpreting Execution Plans
4. Controlling Execution Plans
5. Diagramming Simple SQL Queries
6. Deducing the Best Execution Plan
7. Diagramming and Tuning Complex SQL Queries
8. Why the Diagramming Method Works
9. Special Cases
10. Outside-the-Box Solutions to Seemingly Unsolvable Problems
A. Exercise Solutions
B. The Full Process, End to End.
- "Covers Oracle, DB2 & SQL server"--Cover.
"Generating optimal execution plans"--Cover.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|