Windows 10 Simplified [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Microsoft Windows 10 simplified
- 1st edition
- Hoboken : Wiley, 2015.
1 online resource (291 p.)
- Microsoft Windows (Computer file)
Operating systems (Computers)
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Learn Windows 10 quickly and painlessly with this beginner's guide Windows 10 Simplified is your absolute beginner's guide to the ins and outs of Windows. Fully updated to cover Windows 10, this highly visual guide covers all the new features in addition to the basics, giving you a one-stop resource for complete Windows 10 mastery. Every page features step-by-step screen shots and plain-English instructions that walk you through everything you need to know, no matter how new you are to Windows. You'll master the basics as you learn how to navigate the user interface, work with files, create
- Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Chapter 1 Getting Started with Windows; Explore the PC Screen; Explore the Tablet Screen; Put Windows to Sleep; Restart or Shut Down Windows; Connect to Your Wireless Network; Switch to a Microsoft Account; Install an App; Start an App; Switch Between Running Apps; Update an App; Uninstall an App; Chapter 2 Customizing Windows; Pin an App to the Start Menu; Open the Settings App; Change the Lock Screen Background; Add an App to the Lock Screen; Synchronize Settings Between PCs; Access an App's Features; Pin an App to the Taskbar
Adjust the VolumeSet the Time Zone; Configure Windows to Work with Multiple Monitors; Customize the Taskbar's Notification Area; Set Up Multiple Desktops; Chapter 3 Surfing the Web; Open a Web Page; Open a Web Page in a Tab; Navigate Web Pages; Find Text on a Page; Navigate with the History List; Change Your Startup Page; Save Favorite Web Pages; Take Advantage of the Favorites Bar; Create Web Notes; Search for Sites; Chapter 4 Sending and Receiving Email; Configure an Email Account; Send an Email Message; Format the Message Text; Add a File Attachment; Save a Draft of a Message
Search Your PCConfigure the Cortana Voice Assistant; Display a Location on a Map; Get Directions to a Location; Check Your Weather Forecast; Check Another City's Weather Forecast; Perform Calculations; Get the Latest News; Track a Stock; Follow Your Favorite Teams; Find a Recipe; Look Up Health Information; Set an Alarm; Chapter 7 Working with Images; Import Images from a Digital Camera; Scan an Image; Navigate the Pictures Library; View Your Images; Start a Slide Show; Repair an Image; Add a Photo Effect; Crop an Image; Rotate an Image; Delete an Image; Print an Image
Take a Picture with Your PC CameraChapter 8 Working with Multimedia; Import Videos from a Digital Camera; Navigate the Videos Library; Watch a Video; Play a Music CD; Copy Tracks from a Music CD; Navigate the Music Library; Play Music; Create a Playlist; Chapter 9 Editing Documents; Create and Save a Document; Open a Document; Change the Text Font; Find Text; Replace Text; Insert Special Symbols; Make a Copy of a Document; Create a OneNote Notebook; Add Pages and Sections to a Notebook; Add Text Notes; Add an Image to a Notebook Page; Work with Notebook Lists; Print a Document
Chapter 10 Working with Files
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|