Galois theory for beginners : [electronic resource] a historical perspective / Jörg Bewersdorff ; translated by David Kramer.
- Standardized Title:
- Algebra für Einsteiger. English
- Other Title:
- Student Mathematical Library.
- Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, c2006.
- The Student Mathematical Library, v. 35
1 online resource (xx, 180 pages) : illustrations.
- Galois theory.
- Chapter 1. Cubic equations Chapter 2. Casus irreducibilis: The birth of the complex numbers Chapter 3. Biquadratic equations Chapter 4. Equations of degree $n$ and their properties Chapter 5. The search for additional solution formulas Chapter 6. Equations that can be reduced in degree Chapter 7. The construction of regular polygons Chapter 8. The solution of equations of the fifth degree Chapter 9. The Galois group of an equation Chapter 10. Algebraic structures and Galois theory
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society. 2012
Description based on print version record.
- Other format:
- Print version: Bewersdorff, Jörg. Galois theory for beginners :
- 9781470421465 (online)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|