The island / Ragnar Jónasson ; translated from the Icelandic by Victoria Cribb.
- Standardized Title:
- Drungi. English
- First U.S. edition.
- New York : Minotaur Books, 2019. , ©2019
- Ragnar Jonasson, 1976- Hidden Iceland ; 2
Hidden Iceland ; book 2
335 pages : illustration ; 25 cm
- Iceland -- Fiction.
Police -- Iceland -- Fiction.
Icelandic fiction -- Translations into English.
- Mystery fiction.
Detective and mystery fiction.
- Autumn of 1987 takes a young couple on a romantic trip in the Westfjords holiday--a trip that gets an unexpected ending and has catastrophic consequences. Ten years later a small group of friends go for a weekend in an old hunting lodge in Elliðaey. A place completely cut off from the outside world, to reconnect. But one of them isn't going to make it out alive. And Detective Inspector Hulda Hermannsdóttir is determined to find the truth in the darkness. Ragnar Jonasson burst onto the American scene with Snowblind and Nightblind, the first two novels in the Ari Thor thriller series, and the praise was overwhelming. With The Darkness, he launched a new series featuring a completely new sleuth, Detective Inspector Hulda Hermannsdottir of the Reykjavik Police department. The Island is the second book in this series.
- First published in Iceland under the title Drungi by Veröld Publishing.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Miller Fund bookplate.
- Cribb, Victoria, translator.
- 9781250193377 (hardcover)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|