American refugees : turning to Canada for freedom / Rita Shelton Deverell.
- Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada : University of Regina Press,  , ℗♭2019
- Regina collection.
The Regina collection
xiv, 270 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm.
- Americans -- Canada -- History.
Emigration and immigration.
Canada -- Emigration and immigration.
United States -- Emigration and immigration.
- "When it became clear that Donald Trump would become the new US president on election night in 2016, the website for Citizenship and Immigration Canada crashed. It was overwhelmed by Americans afraid that the United States would once again enter a period of intolerance and military aggression. In American Refugees, Rita Shelton Deverell shows that from the Revolutionary War to the Underground Railroad through to McCarthyism and Vietnam, Americans have fled to Canada in times of crisis. Many still flee. All have sought better lives, while helping to shape Canada into the country it is today."-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other format:
- Online version: Deverell, Rita Shelton, 1945- American refugees.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|