Exporting [electronic resource] : The Definitive Guide to Selling Abroad Profitably / by Laurel J. Delaney.
- 2nd ed. 2016.
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2016.
1 online resource (XXI, 585 p. 10 illus., 7 illus. in color.)
New business enterprises.
- Local subjects:
- Business and Management, general. (search)
Small Business. (search)
Start-Ups/Venture Capital. (search)
Online Marketing/Social Media. (search)
- System Details:
- text file
- “Laurel Delaney writes in a tremendous spirit of service to entrepreneurial and small business leaders navigating the opportunities of globalization. Whether leading a fresh startup, a small business, or an entrepreneurial growth company seeking greatness, the question of whether—and how—to go global must be addressed. Delaney shows yet again her passionate dedication to serving her readers with deeply practical guidance.”—Jim Collins, author of Good to Great and co-author of Beyond Entrepreneurship Gain the knowledge you need to market, sell, and fulfill orders internationally, taking full advantage of the Internet and the opportunities it creates. This book is the bible for entrepreneurs and small business owners taking their US businesses to the next level of growth through exports. Exporting empowers readers with the can-do confidence to tackle the challenges and opportunities of exporting, leading to greater revenues, stability, and profitability for your business. With 70 percent of global buying power lying outside US borders, exporting is not just an option for ambitious entrepreneurs—it’s an absolute must for building and sustaining a successful future. Typically, exporting first appears on the radar of small businesses as unsolicited inquiries from foreign customers on the web via your email, website, blog, or Facebook page. People outside your country want your product, and they want it now. The problem is that most small business owners do not know how to service these inquiries. What's the best way to ship goods? Do I need a license? Should I sell through wholesalers in specific countries or directly to consumers? How will I get paid? Reflecting the rapid rate of change in national and global trade regulations and economic conditions, this second edition contains extensive updates and enhancements of the first edition’s data and citations; actual and prospective multilateral trade agreements, especially the TPP and TTIP; CFR, EAR, and BIS rules; interviews with trade and sector specialists; economic trends and shocks affecting export opportunities and risks in various regions and sectors; and the annotated selection of recommended exporting resource sites. Exporting: The Definitive Guide to Selling Abroad Profitably: Lays out simple steps and tips to conduct market research, find customers, open new markets, create an export business plan, get paid, and ship goods and services efficiently and profitably Shows you how to use the Internet and social media to mediate the exporting process and expand your international presence Details how the US government helps exporters and how to avoid foreign regulatory pitfalls.
- Part I Building Your Foundations for Exporting
Chapter 1 Are You Ready to Export?
Chapter 2 Writing an Export Business Plan
Chapter 3 Prepping For Exports
Chapter 4 The Human Side of an Export Enterprise
Part II Creating and Using Online Marketing Platforms
Chapter 5 Online Fundamentals
Chapter 6 Creating a Social Media and Networking Presence
Chapter 7 Using e-Commerce and Social Media Sites as Stepping Stones to Export Success
Chapter 8 The E-Commerce Connectivity Craze
Chapter 9 The Mobile World at Work
Chapter 10 Marketing Your Business Worldwide
Part III Mapping Out Your Export Journey
Chapter 11 Choosing a Product to Export
Chapter 12 Exploring Your Territory
Chapter 13 Preparing and Adapting Your Product for the Export Marketplace
Chapter 14 Preparing Your Service for Export
Chapter 15 Web Design with the World in Mind
Part IV Developing Sales and Distribution Capabilities
Chapter 16 Finding Cross-Border Customers
Chapter 17 Methods of Exporting
Part V Managing the Transaction
Chapter 18 Transport, Logistics, and Fulfillment Options
Chapter 19 Pricing and Preparing Quotations
Chapter 20 Getting Paid
Chapter 21 Booking, Marking, Labeling, and Insuring
Chapter 22 Documentation, Export Licensing, and Other Procedures
Part VI Keep Building Your Business
Chapter 23 In Pursuit of Exceptional Export Service
Chapter 24 Cross-Cultural Learning
Part VII The Export Journey
Chapter 25 Global Ethics
Chapter 26 International Business Travel and Security Tips
Chapter 27 Women Business Owners
Chapter 28 New Challenging Frontiers in Emerging Markets
Chapter 29 The Top Ten Export Business Markets
Part VIII Export Mastery
Chapter 30 Export Success
Chapter 31 Essential Keys to Export Success.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4842-2193-8 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|