Patterns of data modeling / Michael Blaha.
- Other records:
- 1st edition
- Boca Raton, Fla. : CRC Press, 2010.
- Emerging directions in database systems and applications.
Emerging directions in database systems and applications
1 online resource (262 p.)
Data structures (Computer science).
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Best-selling author and database expert with more than 25 years of experience modeling application and enterprise data, Dr. Michael Blaha provides tried and tested data model patterns, to help readers avoid common modeling mistakes and unnecessary frustration on their way to building effective data models. Unlike the typical methodology book, ""Patterns of Data Modeling"" provides advanced techniques for those who have mastered the basics. Recognizing that database representation sets the path for software, determines its flexibility, affects its quality, and influences whether it succeeds or
- Front cover; Summary of Mathematical Templates; Summary of Antipatterns; Summary of Archetypes; Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: Introduction; Part I: Mathematical Templates; Chapter 2: Tree Template; Chapter 3: Directed Graph Template; Chapter 4: Undirected Graph Template; Chapter 5: Item Description Template; Chapter 6: Star Schema Template; Chapter 7: Summary of Templates; Part II: Antipatterns; Chapter 8: Universal Antipatterns; Chapter 9: Non-Data-Warehouse Antipatterns; Part III: Archetypes; Chapter 10: Archetypes; Part IV: Identity; Chapter 11: Identity; Part V: Canonical Models
Chapter 12: Language TranslationChapter 13: Softcoded Values; Chapter 14: Generic Diagrams; Part VI: Relational Database Design; Chapter 16: Relational Database Design; Appendix A: Explanation of the UML Notation; Appendix B: Explanation of the IDEF1X Notation; Appendix C: Glossary; Back cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1201/9781439819906 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|