The producer's playbook : real people on camera / Amy DeLouise.
- Other Title:
- Real people on camera
- 1st edition
- New York, New York ; London, [England] : Routledge, 2016.
1 online resource (160 p.)
- Video recordings -- Production and direction -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Producer’s Playbook: Real People on Camera is a no-nonsense guide for producers looking to get the best performances from "real people" to tell powerful stories on video. Director/producer Amy DeLouise brings years of experience to this resource for creating the best on-screen impact with non-actors for interviews, re-enactments, documentary and direct-to-camera messages. With useful case studies and tips on everything from managing locations and budgeting to strategies for managing crews and the expectations of executive producers and clients, this is an invaluable resource for professionals working in reality TV, documentary, corporate video, and more. Ample case studies with perspectives from industry professionals interviewed by the author, as well as her own plentiful stories from the field Tips are featured in sidebars throughout the text, so that readers can see how the information applies to real situations Full-color photographs allow readers to visualize real world production situations The appendix includes useful templates and checklists for working producers
- Cover; Half Title; Title Page; Copyright Page; Dedication; Table of Contents; FIGURES; PREFACE; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; INTRODUCTION; CHAPTER 1 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SUBJECTS; CHAPTER 2 MASTERING THE BUDGET AND SCHEDULE; CHAPTER 3 LOCATIONS; CHAPTER 4 PLANNING YOUR STORY; CHAPTER 5 CREATING THE BEST ENVIRONMENT FOR REAL PEOPLE; CHAPTER 6 WORKING WITH CREW; CHAPTER 7 DIRECT-TO-CAMERA DELIVERY; CHAPTER 8 SHOOTING RE-ENACTMENTS; CHAPTER 9 BEYOND THE SOUNDBITE: THE DANCE OF THE INTERVIEW; CHAPTER 10 CHALLENGING INTERVIEWS AND ON-CAMERA SUBJECTS; CHAPTER 11 EDITING WORKFLOW STRATEGIES
CHAPTER 12 MANAGING CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS AND APPROVALSWRAPPING UP; APPENDICES; Appendix A: Creative Brief Template; Appendix B: Producer's Checklist-Approvals; Appendix C: Asset List fot Edit Template; Appendix D: Producer's Checklist-Pre-Production; Appendix E: Producer's Checklist-Production; Appendix F: Producer's Checklist-Post-Production; Appendix G: Sample Mini Doc Budget; GLOSSARY; BIBLIOGRAPHY; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed May 17, 2016).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|