Not everyone gets a trophy [electronic resource] : how to manage Generation Y / Bruce Tulgan.
- Other Title:
- How to manage Generation Y
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
1 online resource (196 p.)
- Personnel management -- United States.
Generation Y -- United States.
Young adults -- Employment -- United States.
Employee motivation -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- This book will frame Generation Y (children born between 1978-1991) for corporate leaders and managers at time when the corporate world is desperate to recruit and retain worked in this age group. It will debunk dozens of myths, including that young employees have no sense of loyalty, won't do grunt work, won't take direction, want to interact only with computers, and are only about money.This book will make a unique contribution in four key ways:It will disprove the idea that the key to recruiting, retaining, and managing this generation is to somehow make the workplace more "
- Meet Generation Y : the most high-maintenance workforce in the history of the world
Get them on board fast with the right messages
Get them up to speed quickly and turn them into knowledge workers
Practice in loco parentis management
Give them the gift of context
Get them to care about great customer service
Teach them how to manage themselves
Teach them how to be managed by you
Retain the best of Gen Y, one day at a time
Build the next generation of leaders.
- Includes index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|