Global resource sharing / Linda Frederiksen, Margaret Bean and Heidi Nance.
- 1st edition
- Oxford : Chandos Publishing, 2012.
- Chandos Information Professional Series
Chandos information professional series
Chandos Information Professional Series
1 online resource (231 p.)
- Interlibrary loans.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Written from a global perspective, this book reviews sharing of library resources on a global scale. With expanded discovery tools and massive digitization projects, the rich and extensive holdings of the world's libraries are more visible now than at any time in the past. Advanced communication and transmission technologies, along with improved international standards, present a means for the sharing of library resources around the globe. Despite these significant improvements, a number of challenges remain. Global Resource Sharing provides librarians and library managers with a comprehensive
- Cover; Global ResourceSharing; Copyright; Contents; List of figures and tables; Acknowledgements; About the authors; 1 An introduction to global resource sharing; Overview; Intent and design of the book; References; 2 A brief history of international interlibrary lending and document supply; Introduction; 'We should develop some system'; Underlying principles and reasonable rules; Document delivery - Part I; Discover, locate, request, deliver; Document delivery - Part II; The last mile; Highlights; References; 3 PEST and SWOT analysis of international interlibrary loan; Introduction
PEST analysis of international interlibrary loanSWOT analysis of international interlibrary loan; Summary; Bibliography and further reading; 4 An overview of current practices; Introduction; The requesting process; Locating a lender; National, international and local catalogs; The shipping process; Fees and payments; Statistics; Issues and challenges; Summary; Useful resources; References; 5 Case studies in global resource sharing; Introduction; Participation in global resource sharing - survey responses; References; 6 Selected case studies; Introduction; Argentina; Australia; Canada; China
EgyptFormer Soviet Union; Israel; Latin America and the Caribbean; Netherlands; New Caledonia; Singapore; Sweden; United Kingdom; United States; 7 The future of global resource sharing; Introduction; Trends; Scenarios; Summary; References; Appendix: Case Studies Survey; Questions about borrowing; Questions about lending; Questions about borrowing and lending; General questions; Glossary/Acronyms; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed December 20, 2013).
- Bean, Margaret.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|