How to make animated films : Tony White's complete masterclass on the traditional principles of animation / Tony White.
- Other Title:
- Tony White's complete masterclass on the traditional principles of animation
Complete masterclass on the traditional principles of animation
- New York, New York ; London, [England] : Focal Press, 2009. , ©2009
1 online resource (512 p.)
- Animation (Cinematography)
- Electronic books.
- Sadly the days of the traditional studio apprenticeship in animation are long gone but this book enables the reader to find the next best thing, watching and observing a Master Animator at work. Become Tony White's personal animation apprentice, and experience the golden era of the great Disney and Warner Brothers studios right in your own home or studio. Tony White's Animation Master Class is uniquely designed to cover the core principles of animated movement comprehensively. It offers a DVD with animated movies and filmed excerpts of the author at his drawing board to illustrate the conce
- How to Make Animated FilmsTony White's Complete Masterclass on the Traditional Principles of Animation; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Introduction; First ... A Reality Check; Your Own Personal Animation Course; 2D Or Not 2D? - That Is the Question; However ...; Prerequisites for Study; Equipment; Let the Fun Begin!; Acknowledgments; PART 1: How to Be an Animator; 10-Step Foundation Course; Masterclass 1: Animation Basics; Key, Breakdown, and In-Between Positions; Creating Key Positions; Creating the Breakdown Position; Top Pegs/Bottom Pegs; Charting Explained; In-Betweening
Flipping as Opposed to RollingArcs and Paths of Action; Timing and the Spacing of Drawings; Suggested Reading; Assignment 1; Masterclass 2: The Bouncing Ball; Weight, Mass, and Flexibility; Gravity and the Path of Action; Key Positions; Squash; Stretch; Timing; Weight; In-Betweening the Bouncing Ball; Distorting Mass and Volume; The Descending Bounce; Flip Your Drawings ... Always!; Final Double-Checks; Suggested Reading; Assignment 2; Masterclass 3: Generic Walks; The Lower Body; Walk Cycle; Shooting a Walk Cycle; In-Betweening on One's; Testing the Walk; The Upper Body; Suggested Reading
Assignment 3Masterclass 4: Personality Walks; Hip and Shoulder Rotation; Overlapping Action on the Hands; Overlapping Action on the Head; Rotation on the Head; Keeping Good Balance Throughout; In-Between Placement and Timing; Double-Bounce Walk; Chart Timing and Variation; Observation and Reference Footage; The Animator's Survival Kit; Suggested Reading; Assignment 4; Masterclass 5: Generic Runs; Key Generic Run Stages; Run Exercise; Additional Pointers for Runs; Head-On Runs; Suggested Reading; Assignment 5; Masterclass 6: Quadruped Walks; Front Legs; Rear Legs; Synching the Legs Together
Adding the BodyNeck and Head; Adding the Tail; Moving Background; Multilayered Backgrounds; Nonwalk Pans; Realistic Quadrupeds; Suggested Reading; Assignment 6; Masterclass 7: Weight; Standard Rubber Ball; Ping-Pong Ball; Bowling Ball; Comparing the Three Versions; The Pose Is Everything; Tips; Suggested Reading; Assignment 7; Masterclass 8: Anticipation; The Benefi ts of Anticipation; Anticipations Are for Everything; Suggested Reading; Assignment 8; Masterclass 9: Dialog; Body Language; Facial Animation; Lip Synching; Two-Character Dialog; Further References; Suggested Reading; Assignment 9
Masterclass 10: Final ProjectStaggers; Successive Breakouts of Joints; Eye Blinks; Eyebrows; Always Gravity!; Conclusion; Suggested Reading; Assignment 10; PART 2: How to Make an Animated Film; Production Challenge; Film Production 1: Exploring Ideas, Storytelling, and Scriptwriting; Meaning and WTF?; Assignment; Film Production 2: Concept Art, Viz Dev , and Camera Maps; Concept Art; Camera Map; Assignment; Film Production 3: Character Design; Style; Personality; Attitude; Proportion; Head Heights; Silhouette; Detail; Process; Warm-Up Exercise; Assignment; Film Production 4: Thumbnails
- "An animation apprenticeship--the way pros used to do it!"
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|