Securing advanced manufacturing in the United States : the role of Manufacturing USA : proceedings of a workshop / Sujai Shivakumar and Gail Cohen, rapporteurs ; Innovation Policy Forum, Board on Science, Technology, and Economic Policy, Policy and Global Affairs, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine.
- Washington, DC : the National Academies Press,  , ©2017
- Conference Name:
- Securing Advanced Manufacturing in the United States: the Role of Manufacturing USA (Workshop), (2017 : Washington, DC) author.
xiv, 114 pages : illustrations (some color), color maps ; 23 cm
- United States -- Technological innovations -- Congresses.
Industries -- Technological innovations -- United States -- Congresses.
Technological innovations -- Government policy -- United States -- Congresses.
Industries -- Technological innovations.
Technological innovations -- Government policy.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- The Manufacturing USA initiative seeks to reinforce U.S.-based advanced manufacturing through partnerships among industry, academia, and government. Started in 2012 and established with bipartisan support by the Revitalize American Manufacturing and Innovation Act of 2014, the initiative envisages a nationwide network of research centers for manufacturing innovation. As of May 2017, 14 manufacturing innovation institutes had been established to facilitate the movement of early-stage research into proven capabilities ready for adoption by U.S. manufacturers. To better understand the role and experiences of the Manufacturing USA institutes to date, a committee of the Innovation Policy Forum of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine convened a workshop on May 23, 2017 drawing together institute directors and manufacturing policy experts along with leaders from industry, academia, and government. Participants addressed the role of the manufacturing institutes in increasing advanced manufacturing in the United States, examined selected foreign programs designed to support advanced manufacturing, and reviewed recent assessments of existing institutes. This publication summarizes the presentations and discussions from the workshop.
Key cross-cutting themes
Summary of presentations
Key points made at the workshop.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 108-114).
- Shivakumar, Sujai J., rapporteur.
Cohen, Gail, rapporteur.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Innovation Policy Forum, issuing body.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Board on Science, Technology, and Economic Policy, issuing body.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Policy and Global Affairs, issuing body.
- Other format:
- Online version: Shivakumar, Sujai J. Securing advanced manufacturing in the United States.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.17226/24875 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|