Monochromatic HDR photography : shooting and processing black & white high dynamic range photos / Harold Davis.
- Other Title:
- Monochromatic High Dynamic Range photography
- 1st edition
- Burlington, MA : Focal Press, 2014.
1 online resource (209 p.)
- High dynamic range imaging.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- "Monochromatic HDR Photography is the first book intended to show photographers how to work at the intersection of two up-and-coming trends that are at the forefront of the digital revolution: Black & White and High Dynamic Range imaging. The book explains techniques for extending dynamic range, monochromatic conversion methods and best practices where the two technologies intersect. Since successful digital monochromatic image creation generally requires using the color information inherent in RAW exposures, most case studies will be presented in full color.In addition, Monochromatic HDR Photography provides extensive coverage of the creative vision required to successfully create monochromatic HDR images and the workflow necessary to make art prints from this specialized image making technique"-- Provided by publisher.
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Introduction; Monochromatic HDR Roadmap; Digital Black and White Photography; The Appeal of Black and White; Finding Subjects that Work in Black & White; Using In-Camera Black and White for Pre-visualization; Ramping the Tonal Range; Implying Color with Monochrome; Black and White Composition; Framing; Patterns, Shapes, and Lines; Painting with Light in Black and White; High-Key and Low-Key; Taking Control of Contrast; Extending Dynamic Range in the Field; Beyond What the Eye Can See; The Goal is Magical, Not Garish; The Exposure Triangle
Determining ExposureUsing an Exposure Histogram; Shooting RAW Exposures; RAW versus JPEG; Creating Multi-Shot Sequences; Finding the Range of Exposure Values; The RAW Deal; The Wizard Behind the Curtain; Multi-RAW Processing; Multi-RAW Processing in Lightroom; Automated HDR Software; Automated HDR Workflow; Photomatix; Photoshop HDR Pro; Nik HDR Efex Pro; Using Nik HDR Efex Pro Presets; HDR Workflow Options; Hand-HDR; Monochrome Conversion; Using Color Information; The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; Monochromatic Conversion: Effort versus Quality; Best Practices; Channel Mixer
Black & White Adjustment LayersNik Silver Efex Pro; The Path to Monochrome; Creating the Color HDR Stacks; Starting the Monochrome Conversion with an HDR Blend; Extending Dynamic Range with Blending Modes; Color Filters for Monochromatic HDR Enhancement; Using LAB for Color and Dynamic Range Enhancement; Monochromatic Conversion Stacks; Pulling Out the Reserved Monochromatic Blend; Using the Reserved Monochrome Blend to Create the First Layer Stack; Extending Dynamic Range using Blending Modes and Nik Silver Efex Pro; Archiving and Enjoying the Finished Monochrome HDR Image
Printing Monochromatic HDR ImagesPrinters; Papers; ICC Profiles; Resources; Notes and Resources; Glossary; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|