Pro Android 5 [electronic resource] / by Dave MacLean, Satya Komatineni, Grant Allen.
- 5th ed. 2015.
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2015.
1 online resource (728 p.)
- Mobile computing.
- Local subjects:
- Mobile Computing. (search)
Computer Applications. (search)
- System Details:
- text file
- Pro Android 5 shows you how to build real-world and fun mobile apps using the Android 5 SDK. This book updates the best-selling Pro Android and covers everything from the fundamentals of building apps for smartphones, tablets, and embedded devices to advanced concepts such as custom components, multi-tasking, sensors/augmented reality, better accessories support and much more. Using the tutorials and expert advice, you'll quickly be able to build cool mobile apps and run them on dozens of Android-based smartphones. You'll explore and use the Android APIs, including those for media and sensors. And you'll check out what's new in Android, including the improved user interface across all Android platforms, integration with services, and more. By reading this definitive tutorial and reference, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to create stunning, cutting-edge Android apps that can make you money, while keeping you agile enough to respond to changes in the future.
- Contents at a Glance; Introduction; Chapter 1: Hello Android; Prerequisites for Android Development; Setting Up Your Eclipse Environment; Downloading JDK; Downloading Eclipse; Downloading the Android SDK; Updating Your PATH Environment Variable; The Tools Window; Installing ADT; Setting Up Your Android Studio Environment; Java requirements for Android Studio; Downloading and Installing Android Studio; Learning Android's Fundamental Components; View; Activity; Fragment; Intent; Content Provider; Service; AndroidManifest.xml; AVDs; Hello World!; AVDs; Running on a Real Device
Exploring the Structure of an Android ApplicationExamining the Application Life Cycle; Simple Debugging; Launching the Emulator; References; Summary; Chapter 2: Introduction to Android Application Architecture; Exploring a Simple Android Application; Defining UI through Layout Files; Specifying Comments in Layout Files; Adding Views and View Groups in Layout Files; Specifying Control Properties in Layout Files; Indicating ViewGroup Properties; Controlling Width and Height of a Control; Introducing Resources and Backgrounds; Working with Text Controls in the Layout File
Roadmap for Learning Android and the Rest of the BookTrack 1: UI Essentials for Your Android Applications; Track 2: Saving State; Track 3: Preparing/Taking Your Application to the Market; Track 4: Making Your Application Robust; Track 5: Bringing Finesse to Your Apps; Track 6: Integrating with Other Devices and the Cloud; Final Track: Getting a Helping Hand from Expert Android; As We Leave You Now with the Rest of the Book; References; Summary; Chapter 3: Building Basic User Interfaces and Using Controls; UI Development in Android; Building a UI Completely in Code
Building a UI Completely in XML
- Includes index.
- Komatineni, Satya. author., Author,
Allen, Grant. author., Author,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4302-4681-7 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|