Here : poems for the planet / edited by Elizabeth J. Coleman ; foreword by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- Port Townsend, Washington : Copper Canyon Press, 
xix, 257 pages ; 23 cm
- Environmentalism -- Poetry.
- "HERE: Poems for the Planet is a lovesong to a planet in crisis. Summoning a chorus of over 125 diverse poetic voices, this anthology approaches the impending environmental crisis with a sense of urgency and hopefulness. Now more than ever is the time for this book as it seeks to galvanize readers, students, teachers, philanthropists and everyday people to address the realities of climate change head on and become individual catalysts for change. Here looks at the world with a renewed sense of courage, fighting fear that so often leads to indifference and cynicism. The anthology also includes an activist guide, created in tandem with the Union of Concerned Scientists, and an introduction by His Holiness, the Dalai Lama. With these poems, we hope you will see with new eyes what the astronauts saw the first time they peered down from space at our tiny world"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Coleman, Elizabeth J., 1947- editor.
Bstan-ʼdzin-rgya-mtsho, Dalai Lama XIV, 1935- writer of foreword.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|