Mastering System Center Operations Manager 2007 [electronic resource] / Brad Price, John Paul Mueller, Scott Fenstermacher.
- Other Title:
- Mastering Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007
- 1st edition
- Indianapolis, Ind. : Wiley Pub., c2007.
1 online resource (458 p.)
- Microsoft Windows server.
Electronic data processing -- Management.
Computer systems -- Evaluation.
Computer networks -- Management.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- If you're an IT professional, you're busy enough trying to manage multiple systems and stay proactive with the technology demands of today's fast-moving companies. System Center Operations Manager 2007 is designed to make your life easier, and this comprehensive book is your one-stop gateway to it all. With intermediate to advanced coverage, this book gives you the information you need to deploy, manage, and maintain SCOM 2007, and use it to monitor your network.
- Mastering System Center Operations Manager 2007; Acknowledgments; About the Authors; Contents at a Glance; Contents; Introduction; Who Should Read This Book?; The Contents at a Glance; Final Comments; Part I: Implementation and Administration; Chapter 1: Overview of Operations Management; Understanding IT Service Management; Defining Operations Management; The Bottom Line; Chapter 2: Installing System Center Operations Manager 2007; Identifying Server Components; Verifying Prerequisites; Installation Criteria; The Bottom Line; Chapter 3: Management Group Settings
Configuring Management Group Global SettingsConfiguring Global Server Settings; Exploring Global Agent Settings; Understanding Individual Server Options; The Bottom Line; Chapter 4: Installing and Configuring Agents; Exploring Agent Installation Prerequisites; Installing by Using the Computer and Device Management Wizard; Installing Manually; Multihomed Agents; Adjusting Individual Agent Settings; The Bottom Line; Chapter 5: Managing Management Packs; Understanding Monitoring Capabilities; Identifying Management Pack Requirements; Exploring Management Packs; The Bottom Line
Chapter 6: Authoring and the Management Pack Life CycleAuthoring Management Packs; Exploring a Typical Life Cycle; Creating Management Pack Life-Cycle Controls; Documenting Changes; Using MP Studio 2007; Management Pack Considerations; The Bottom Line; Chapter 7: Monitoring with the Console; Console Overview; Customizing the Console; Maintenance Mode; The Bottom Line; Chapter 8: Audit Collection Services and Agentless Exception Monitoring; Exploring Audit Collection Services; Using Agentless Exception Monitoring; The Bottom Line; Chapter 9: Reporting; Installing Reporting Services
Using the Reporting WorkspaceThe Bottom Line; Chapter 10: Working with Complex Environments; Working with Multihoming Agents; Configuring Connected Management Groups; Interoperating with Third-Party Monitoring Solutions; The Bottom Line; Part II: Maintenance and Troubleshooting; Chapter 11: Optimizing Your Environment; Optimizing Management Packs; Optimizing Rules; The Bottom Line; Chapter 12: Backup, Restore, and Disaster Recovery; Backup Strategy; Restoring Your Environment; Disaster Recovery; The Bottom Line; Chapter 13: Troubleshooting; Operations Manager 2007 Troubleshooting Tools
Troubleshooting AgentsTroubleshooting Management Packs; Troubleshooting Security Issues; The Bottom Line; Chapter 14: Scripting Operations Manager 2007; Introducing PowerShell; PowerShell and Operations Manager; Operations Manager Cmdlets; The Bottom Line; Index
- Includes index.
- Mueller, John, 1958-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|