Building conflict competent teams [electronic resource] / Craig E. Runde, Tim A. Flanagan.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass ; [Greensboro, NC] : Center for Creative Leadership, c2008.
- J-B CCL (Center for Creative Leadership)
J-B CCL (Center for Creative Leadership) ; v.129
1 online resource (254 p.)
- Teams in the workplace -- Management.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Understanding how to cool down, slow down, and engage the naturally occurring conflicts among team members is critical to the ultimate success of a team. With this book, your team and its members will gain a deeper understanding of how conflict emerges and how to respond in ways that will leverage conflicts to their advantage. Team members will learn the importance of establishing a safe team climate, agreeing on processes to guide interactions, and use of constructive communication skills in order to develop a conflict competent team. As the authors say, conflict is not to be avoided, but e
- Building Conflict Competent Teams; Contents; Preface; Outline of the Book; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1: A TEAM IN CONFLICT; The Organization; The Search; Finding New Talent; Conflicting Perspectives; Turning Points; Success; Upon Further Review; Ingredients for Confl ict Competence; A Great But Not Perfect Example; So What?; Basic Premise; A Preview: Three Critical Characteristics; Another Thing or Two; Chapter 2: WHERE CONFLICT COMES FROM, AND WHY IT IS SO HARD TO MANAGE; Team Models and Conflict; The Nature of Conflict; Types of Conflict; Sources of Conflict; Challenges
Addressing the ChallengesChapter 3: CREATING THE RIGHT CLIMATE; Effective Attitudes; Trust; Safety; Working Together; Emotional Intelligence; Controlling Your Emotions; What to Do When Things Are Stuck; Starting Out Right; Once the Climate Is Right; Chapter 4: CONSTRUCTIVE COMMUNICATION; Intra-Team Versus Inter-Team Conflict; The Human Condition; Intensity; Constructive Behaviors and Skills; Conclusion; Chapter 5: TECHNIQUES FOR STAYING ON TRACK; Before; During; After; Conclusion; Chapter 6: SPECIAL CASES: VIRTUAL AND GLOBAL TEAMS; The Challenges of Being Virtual
Different Cultures, Different Confl ictsNext Steps; Chapter 7: GETTING STARTED ON THE ROAD TO CONFLICT COMPETENCE; Team Member Readiness Questions; Team Readiness Questions; Team Foundations Worksheet; Assessing Your Team Climate: Components for Establishing the Right Climate; Assessing Your Team's Communication: An Examination of Behaviors and Skills; Summary; Epilogue; Resources; Leadership Development Institute; Center for Creative Leadership; The Table Group; Center for Collaborative Organizations; Interpersonal Communications Programs; Mindful Awareness Research Center; References
The AuthorsIndex; About the Center for Creative Leadership; Capabilities; Open-Enrollment Programs; Customized Programs; Coaching; Assessment and Development Resources; Publications; Leadership Community; Research
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 217-223) and index.
- Flanagan, Tim A., 1955-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|