Practical Sitecore 8 Configuration and Strategy [electronic resource] : A User Guide for Sitecore's Content and Marketing Capabilities / by Phillip Wicklund.
- Other Title:
- Practical Sitecore eight configuration and strategy
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2015.
1 online resource (327 p.)
- Computer science.
- Local subjects:
- Computer Applications.
Computer Science, general.
Information Systems and Communication Service.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Practical Sitecore 8 Configuration and Strategy: A User Guide for Sitecore's Content and Marketing Capabilities offers a comprehensive overview of Sitecore’s web content management solutions, and provides step-by-step guidance for configuring Sitecore’s personalization, testing, and marketing automation capabilities. The book highlights strategies and best practices—taking it beyond just the "how to" procedures that can be found elsewhere. Sitecore was recently recognized as one of the most reputable and reliable web content management solutions (WCMS) in the marketplace. Thousands of companies use Sitecore to help manage their web and mobile digital properties. But because Sitecore is a very large and complex platform, marketers and end users often have difficulty coming up to speed on the technology. Practical Sitecore 8 Configuration and Strategy provides the solution you need to get started using Sitecore today. Practical Sitecore 8 Configuration and Strategy: Brings you up to speed on Sitecore without requiring a training class Provides the information in a clear, logical outline that takes users from simple, foundational concepts to more advanced concepts at the end Rounds out existing sources of documentation with strategies and best practices from real-world experience.
- Practical Sitecore 8 Configuration and Strategy; Contents at a Glance; Contents; About the Author; About the Technical Reviewers; Acknowledgments; Introduction; How This Book Is Structured; Contacting the Author; Chapter 1: Introduction to Sitecore 8; Web Content Management: A Brief History; Web 2.0; R.I.P. WCM-Long Live CXP; Key Priorities for a Customer Experience Platform; Easy to Use; Real-Time Personalization; Single View of the Customer; Search Engine Optimization; E-Mail and Automation; Multilingual Support; Omnichannel Support; Social Media Support; Mobile Support
Integration FlexibilityDeveloper Friendly; Enterprise Grade; Key Features and Capabilities of Sitecore; Sitecore Solution Architecture; Channel Layer; Web; Email; Mobile; Social; Commerce; Print; Apps; Federated; Management Layer; Sitecore AIDA Layer; Sitecore Database Layer; Integration Layer; Unified Content Management; Analytics and Experience Optimization; Experience Automation; Experience Profiles; Experience Personalization; Federated Experience Manager; Email Experience Manager; Print Experience Manager; Quick Tour of the Sitecore Admin GUI; What's New in Sitecore 8?; Summary
Chapter 2: Managing ContentThe Sitecore Hierarchy; Templates; Content; Layouts and Components; Content Editing Fundamentals; Getting Started; Managing Rich Media; Working in the Experience Editor; A Brief Tour; Home Tab; View Tab; Experience Tab; Advanced and Optimization Tabs; Previewing, Exploring, and Debugging; Working with Components; Managing Thousands of Items with Buckets; Converting an Item to a Bucket; Searching a Bucket; Archiving Content and the Recycle Bin; Recycle Bin Settings; Archiving Content; Content Versions and Multilingual Language Support; Managing Multiple Versions
Content Language TranslationContent Cloning; Workflows and Publishing Overview; Summary; Chapter 3: Experience Personalization; What Is Personalization?; Rules-Based vs. Predictive Personalization; It All Starts with Personas; The Persona Workshop; Creating a Persona Journey; Predictive Personalization Terminology; Personalization Testing in the Experience Explorer; Configuring Personalization; Configuring Ad-Hoc Personalization; Configuring Persona-Based Personalization; Summary; Chapter 4: Experience Optimization; Experience Optimization Considerations; What Is A/B and Multivariate Testing?
Good Expectations (1% Rule)Landing Pages vs. Corporate Web Site; Calculating Statistical Significance; Optimization Gamification; Running Your First A/B Test; Creating a New Page Test; Creating a Multivariate Page-Level Test; Summary; Chapter 5: Marketing Campaigns; Sitecore Marketing Automation; A Looking Glass and a Rudder; Tactical (t) versus Transformational (T); Sitecore Marketing Building Blocks; Events, Failure Events, and Goals; Outcomes; Campaigns; Engagement Plans; Taxonomies; Creating Your First Engagement Plan; Email Experience Manager; Summary; Chapter 6: Web Forms for Marketers
Overview of Web Forms for Marketers
- Includes index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4842-1236-3 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|