UNIX : the complete reference
- 2nd ed.
- [Place of publication not identified] McGraw Hill 2007
1 online resource (xxxviii, 873 p.) : ill.
- Operating systems (Computers).
UNIX (Computer file).
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- The Definitive UNIX Resource--Fully Updated Get cutting-edge coverage of the newest releases of UNIX -- including Solaris 10, all Linux distributions, HP-UX, AIX, and FreeBSD -- from this thoroughly revised, one-stop resource for users at all experience levels. Written by UNIX experts with many years of experience starting with Bell Laboratories, UNIX: The Complete Reference, Second Edition provides step-by-step instructions on how to use UNIX and take advantage of its powerful tools and utilities. Get up-and-running on UNIX quickly, use the command shell and desktop, and access the Internet and e-mail. You'll also learn to administer systems and networks, develop applications, and secure your UNIX environment. Up-to-date chapters on UNIX desktops, Samba, Python, Java Apache, and UNIX Web development are included. Install, configure, and maintain UNIX on your PC or workstation Work with files, directories, commands, and the UNIX shell Create and modify text files using powerful text editors Use UNIX desktops, including GNOME, CDE, and KDE, as an end user or system administrator Use and manage e-mail, TCP/IP networking, and Internet services Protect and maintain the security of your UNIX system and network Share devices, printers, and files between Windows and UNIX systems Use powerful UNIX tools, including awk, sed, and grep Develop your own shell, Python, and Perl scripts, and Java, C, and C++ programs under UNIX Set up Apache Web servers and develop browser-independent Web sites and applications
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Rosen, Kenneth H Contributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|