Mobile Design Pattern Gallery [electronic resource] : UI Patterns for Mobile Applications
- 1st ed.
- Sebastopol : O'Reilly Media, 2012.
1 online resource (282 p.)
- Application software -- Development.
Software patterns -- Programming.
- Local subjects:
- Application software -- Development. (search)
Mobile computing -- Programming. (search)
User interfaces (Computer systems) -- Design. (search)
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- When you're under pressure to produce a well designed, easy-to-navigate mobile app, there's no time to reinvent the wheel. This concise book provides a handy reference to 70 mobile app design patterns, illustrated by more than 400 screenshots from current iOS, Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian apps. User experience professional Theresa Neil (Designing Web Interfaces) walks you through design patterns in 10 separate categories, including anti-patterns. Whether you're designing a simple iPhone application or one that's meant to work for every popular mo
- Table of Contents; Foreword; Preface; Introduction; Intended Audience for This Book; Safari® Books Online; How to Contact Us; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1. Navigation; Primary Navigation Patterns; Springboard; List Menu; Tabs; Gallery; Dashboard; Metaphor; Mega Menu; Secondary Navigation; Page Carousel; Image Carousel; Expanding List; Chapter 2. Forms; Sign In; Registration; Checkout; Calculate; Search Form; Multi-Step; Long Form; Chapter 3. Tables & Lists; Basic Table; Headerless Table; Fixed Column; Overview plus Data; Grouped Rows; Cascading Lists; Table with Visual Indicators
Editable TableChapter 4. Search, Sort & Filter; Search; Explicit Search; Search with Auto-Complete; Dynamic Search; Scoped Search; Saved and Recent Searches; Search Form; Search Results/View Results; Sort Patterns; Onscreen Sort; Sort Order Selector; Sort Form; Filter; Onscreen Filter; Filter Drawer; Filter Dialog; Filter Form; Chapter 5. Tools; Toolbar; Option Menu; Call to Action Button; Contextual Tools; Inline Actions; Multi-State Button; Bulk Actions; Chapter 6. Charts; Chart with Filters; Preview Window; Overview plus Data; Datapoint Details; Drill Down; Zoom; Pivot Table; Sparklines
Chapter 7. InvitationsDialog; Tip; Tour; Video Demo; Transparency; 1st Time Through; Persistent; Discoverable; Chapter 8. Feedback & Affordance; Feedback; Error Messages; Confirmation; System Status; Affordance; Tap; Flick; Drag; Chapter 9. Help; How To; Cheat Sheet; Tour; Chapter 10. Anti-Patterns; Novel Notions Anti-Pattern; Metaphor Mismatch Anti-Pattern; Control Mismatch; Icon Mismatch; Mental Model Mismatch; Idiot Box; Chart Junk; Oceans of Buttons; Appendix.; Additional Resources; Navigation; Primary Navigation; Secondary Navigation; Forms; Tables; Search; Sort Patterns; Filter; Tools
ChartsInvitations; Feedback; Affordance; Help
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Tidwell, Jenifer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|