Enterprise iPhone and iPad Administrator's Guide [electronic resource] / by Charles Edge.
- 1st ed. 2010.
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2010.
1 online resource (381 p.)
- Mobile computing.
- Local subjects:
- Mobile Computing. (search)
Computer Applications. (search)
Information Systems and Communication Service. (search)
- System Details:
- text file
- Are you an IT professional involved in deploying the iPhone and or iPad in your company or organization? Do you have fellow employees who are eager to use their iPhones and iPads for work? Then this is the book for you. Enterprise iPhone and iPad Administrator's Guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to deploy and integrate the iPhone within a range of professional environments—from large businesses and educational institutions to medium-sized offices. This book ensures that the process is achieved in a streamlined, efficient, and cost-effective manner. The guide begins with an introduction to basic deployment concerns, then moves into actual methods and tools that you can use to streamline the deployment process. Next, an in-depth discussion of configuration and provisional profiles helps you deliver solid device setup, security, and adherence to organization policies. Finally, you'll learn how to use existing help desk teams to provide effective user support. Also included is coverage of the latest iPhone- and iPad-specific enterprise technologies (such as push notification and calendaring tools) as well as internal iPhone and iPad applications and web-based solutions for businesses.
- The Inevitability of the iPhone in the Enterprise
Purchasing and Activating
Applying Basic Configurations to Mobile Devices
Integrating with Groupware
Working with Documents and Files
Remote Access for iOS
Developing In-House Applications
Building Configuration Profiles
Leveraging Third-Party Solutions for Productivity
Developing A Program For Support.
- Includes index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4302-3010-6 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|