Creating a data-driven enterprise in media : DataOps insights from Comcast, SlingTV, and Turner Broadcasting / Ashish Thusoo and Joydeep Sen Sarma.
- First edition.
- Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly Media, 
1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Cultural industries -- Data processing.
Information technology -- Management.
Decision making -- Data processing.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- The data-driven revolution is finally hitting the media and entertainment industry. For decades, broadcast television and print media relied on traditional delivery channels for solvency and growth, but those channels fragmented as cable, streaming, and digital devices stole the show. In this ebook, you’ll learn about the trends, challenges, and opportunities facing players in this industry as they tackle big data, advanced analytics, and DataOps. You’ll explore best practices and lessons learned from three real-world media companies—Sling TV, Turner Broadcasting, and Comcast—as they proceed on their data-driven journeys. Along the way, authors Ashish Thusoo and Joydeep Sen Sarma explain how DataOps breaks down silos and connects everyone who handles data, including engineers, data scientists, analysts, and business users. Big-data-as-a-service provider Qubole provides a five-step maturity model that outlines the phases that a company typically goes through when it first encounters big data. Case studies include: Sling TV: this live streaming content platform delivers live TV and on-demand entertainment instantly to a variety of smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers, smartphones, and streaming devices Turner Broadcasting System: this Time Warner division recently created the Turner Data Cloud to support direct-to-consumer services, including FilmStruck, Boom (for kids), and NBA League Pass Comcast: the largest broadcasting and cable TV company is building a single integrated big data platform to deliver internet, TV, and voice to more than 28 million customers
- Description based on online resource; title from title page (Safari, viewed January 9, 2019).
Includes bibliographical references.
- Sarma, Joydeep Sen, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|