Head rush Ajax : a caffeinated learning guide to the world of dynamic web pages / Brett McLaughlin.
- 1st edition
- Sebastopol, California : O'Reilly, 2006.
1 online resource (448 p.)
- Ajax (Web site development technology).
XML (Document markup language).
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Sick of creating web sites that reload every time a user moves the mouse? Tired of servers that wait around to respond to users' requests for movie tickets? It sounds like you need a little (or maybe a lot of) Ajax in your life. Asynchronous programming lets you turn your own web sites into smooth, slick, responsive applications that make your users feel like they're back on the information superhighway, not stuck on a dial-up backroad. But who wants to take on next-generation web programming with the last generation's instruction book? You need a learning experience that's as co
- Head Rush Ajax; Meet your author; Table of Contents (summary); Table of Contents (the real thing); Intro; Who is this book for?; Who should probably back away from this book?; We know what you're thinking.; And we know what your brain is thinking.; This must be important! Don't forget it!; Metacognition: thinking about thinking; So just how DO you get your brain to treat Ajax like it's a hungry tiger?; Here's what WE did:; Here's what YOU can do to bend your brain into submission; Read Me; Tech Reviewers; And there's a lot more...*; 1 Using Ajax: Web Applications for a New Generation
The Web, ReloadedThe old way (think 1999); Welcome to the new millenium!; No more waiting around...; ...when you're using Ajax apps; Ajax apps are asynchronous, too; ""Reloads? We don't need no stinking reloads.""; Ajax to the rescue; Use Ajax to fix the web report...; Reworking the Boards 'R' Us report; The highlight reel: Chapter 1; HTML Refresher; Reviewing the Boards 'R' Us HTML; Step 1: Creating a request object; Step 2: Requesting updated sales; Adding the getBoardsSold() function; Sending the request to the right URL; PHP...at a glance; What the server used to do...
Back to getCustomerInfo()
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed September 26, 2013).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|