Mortgages made easy : 8 steps to smart borrowing for homes and investment properties / Bruce Brammall.
- Other Title:
- 8 steps to smart borrowing for homes and investment properties
Eight steps to smart borrowing for homes and investment properties
- 1st edition
- Milton, Queensland : Wrightbooks, 2015.
1 online resource (211 p.)
- Mortgage loans -- Australia.
Housing -- Australia -- Finance.
House buying -- Australia -- Costs.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Structure your mortgage for a more secure, more profitableproperty investment Mortgages Made Easy is the definitive guide to gettingthe optimal mortgage for your home or investment property purchase.Bestselling author, mortgage broker, and financial advisor BruceBrammall, aka Debt Man, walks you through the process in histrademark style, giving you all the information you need to buy aproperty and finance it right. Success in real estate is as muchabout having the right debt structure as it is about buying qualityproperty, and this book shows you how to build the financialfortification that i
- Mortgages Made Easy: 8 steps to smart borrowing for homes and investment properties; Contents; Assumptions and disclaimers; Tax and accounting; Assumptions; About the author; Acknowledgements; Introduction; 1 Debt - the grease that oils the property wheel; You can't save your way to a home; Homes versus investment properties; So why did you pick up this book?; What's your goal?; Setting your targets; What does getting it right mean?; Debt is a tool ... use it properly; And the biggest tools of all ...; Delayed gratification - money's golden rule; Property purchasing principles
2 Why property is so popularWhy invest in property?; The power of property; Two types of property ... don't mistake them; Homes; Investment properties; Lining up the opposition; Both types of property can create wealth; Home - the cornerstone of wealth creation; I wanna piece of it!; Harnessing the power; A bit of pain never hurt ...; Spruikers - the perfect storm for a property disaster; Property and debt - the critical understanding; Property success - the three ingredients; Property purchasing principles; 3 Getting mortgage fit; Saving a deposit; Banging a budget into shape
Putting on a 'bag of fruit'Get your free credit report; Credit cards - a blade with two sharp edges; Cleaning up your credit record; Good work history; Savings history - 5 per cent genuine savings; Understanding the different types of debt; The joy of deductible debt; Paying down dumb debt; What banks want - getting your paperwork in order; What info will the banks want?; Odd bank rules - an introduction; Getting pre-approval; Guarantors - security at a price; Understanding stamp duty; First Home Owner's Grant; More costs of purchasing; DIY or mortgage broker?
Commissions - how brokers are paidCommissions and conflicts of interest; Property purchasing principles; 4 The loan ranger - understanding mortgages; Which bank?; Loans - making the big decisions in the right order; Repay the loan - or hold on to your capital?; Fixed rate or variable?; Offset accounts - the greatest savings account in our solar system; Redraw accounts - paying it back early; Terms - 25 or 30 years?; And now ... interest rates; Construction loans; Lines of credit - a blessing and a curse; Professional packages; Credit cards; ATM access
Buying banking in bulk - million-dollar mortgage portfoliosManaging multiple mortgages; Test your lender - threats, ultimatums and tantrums; Exit fees; Loan-to-valuation ratios (LVR); Property purchasing principles; 5 Home - buying the 'Great Australian Dream'; Rent ... to the death; Why, what and where?; And how much?; Setting your own affordability limit; Deposits - how much do I need?; The first-home owner's first home loan; The thrill of the chase; Building equity in your home; Trading up - your second and third home; Should I turn my home into an investment property?
Homes versus investment properties - not the same game
- Includes index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed February 12, 2015).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|