Romanesque and the Mediterranean : points of contact aross the Latin, Greek and Islamic worlds, c. 1000 to c. 1250 / edited by Rosa Maria Bacile and John McNeill.
- Leeds, U.K. : Published for the British Archaeological Association by Maney Publishing, 2015.
- Conference Name:
- Biennial International Romanesque Conferences (2nd : 2012 : Palermo, Italy)
- The British Archaeological Association conference transactions
ix, 342 pages, 16 pages of plates : illustrations (some color), maps ; 30 cm.
- Mediterranean Region -- Relations -- Congresses.
Mediterranean Region -- Antiquities -- Congresses.
Mediterranean Region -- Civilization -- Congresses.
Art -- Mediterranean Region -- History -- Congresses.
Art, Romanesque -- Mediterranean Region -- History -- Congresses.
Architecture, Romanesque -- Mediterranean Region -- History -- Congresses.
Christian art and symbolism -- Mediterranean Region -- Medieval, 500-1500 -- Congresses.
Cultural relations -- Congresses.
Christian art and symbolism -- Medieval.
- Twelfth-century pilgrimage art in Bethlehem and Jerusalem : points of contact between Europe and the crusader kingdom / Jaroslav Folda
The oliphant : a call for a shift of perspective / Mariam Rosser-Owen
Muslim artists and Christian models in the painted ceilings of the Cappella Palatina / Jeremy Johns
Dress and textiles in the 12th-century painted ceilings of the Cappella Palatina in Palermo / Francesca Manuela Anzelmo
A porphyry workshop in Norman Palermo / Rosa Maria Bacile
The Mausoleum of Bohemund in Canosa and the architectural setting of ruler tombs in Norman Italy / Mark J. Johnson
The date, iconography and dedication of the Cathedral of Canosa / Eric Fernie
Preparing for the end : painting in the Baptistery of Parma and the great devotion of 1233 / Ludovico V. Geymonat
Hungary, Byzantium, Italy : architectural connections in the 11th Century / Béla Zsolt Szakács
Building Jerusalem in western France : the case of St-Sauveur at Charroux / John McNeill
A western interpretation of an oriental scheme : the domed churches in Romanesque Aquitaine / Claude Andrault-Schmitt
The migration of Mediterranean images : strange creatures in Spanish buildings and scriptoria between the 9th and 11th centuries / Gerardo Boto
Sculptors in Medieval Spain after the conquest of Toledo in 1085 / Rose Walker
The paintings of the chapter-house of Sigena and the art of the crusader kingdoms / Dulce Ocón
Catalan panel painting around 1200, the eastern Mediterranean and Byzantium / Manuel Castiñeiras
Catalonia, Provence and the Holy Land : late 12th-century sculpture in Barcelona / Jordi Camps i Soria.
- Papers from a conference (the second of the British Archeological Association's series of Biennial International Romanesque Conferences) held in Palermo from April 16 to 18, 2012.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bacile, Rosa Maria, 1973-
McNeill, John, 1957-
British Archaeological Association.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|