Out of many waters / Jacqueline Dembar Greene.
- New York : Walker, 1988.
200 pages ; 22 cm
- Jews -- Brazil -- History -- Juvenile fiction.
Jews -- United States -- History -- Juvenile fiction.
Inquisition -- Brazil -- Juvenile fiction.
- Childrens subjects:
- Jews -- Brazil -- History -- Fiction.
Jews -- United States -- History -- Fiction.
Inquisition -- Brazil -- Fiction.
- Local subjects:
- Jewish teenagers -- Bibliography.
- Kidnapped from their parents during the Portuguese Inquisition and sent to work as slaves at a monastery in Brazil, two Jewish sisters attempt to make their way back to Europe to find their parents, but instead one becomes part of a group founding the first Jewish settlement in the United States.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-200).
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by the Board of Governors of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (donor)
- Library of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|