Down home healthy : family recipes of Black American chefs Leah Chase and Johnny Rivers.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Family recipes of Black American chefs.
- [Bethesda, Md.?] : National Cancer Institute, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, 
- NIH publication ; no. 94-3408.
NIH publication ; no. 94-3408
- Government document
44 pages : color illustrations, color portraits ; 26 cm.
- African American cooking.
Low-fat diet -- Recipes.
African American cooking.
- Medical subjects:
- Place of Publication:
- United States Washington (D.C.)
- Menu. 20-minute chicken creole; Garlic mashed potatoes; Green salad with lemon wedges; Old fashioned bread pudding; Apple-raisin sauce
Menu. Catfish stew; Spinach salad with turkey; Bacon bits/Lowfat salad dressing; Summer crisp
Menu. New Orleans red beans; Hot fluffy brown rice; Mixed greens; Sliced tomatoes and basil; Whole grain bread or buns; Homemade applesauce made with unpeeled apples
Men. Baked pork chops; Sweet potato custard; Steamed broccoli with lemon wedge; Cucumber with mint and yogurt; Winter crisp
Menu. Black skillet beef with green and red potatoes; Crispy whole wheat rolls; Fresh bananas and grapes; Fig bar cookies
Menu. Spaghetti with turkey meat sauce; Spinach salad with light garlic dressing; Chilln' out pasta salad; Garden potato salad; Fresh strawberries; Oatmeal cookies.
- "February 1993"--Back cover.
Includes bibliographical references (page 44).
"The text for this publication was prepared by Ruth Fremes under a contract from the National Cancer Institute. Book design and Art Direction by Miles Fridberg Molinaroli, Inc., Washington, DC. Photographs by Bill Branson (portraits), Renèe Comet (food) and Ira Wexler (farm locations)."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collecion copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Rivers, Johnny, 1948-, author.
National Cancer Institute (U.S.)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Chase, Leah. Down home healthy.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|