Food in Grandma's day / by Valerie Weber and Jeraldine Jackson.
- Minneapolis : Carolrhoda Books, Inc., .
- Weber, Valerie. In grandma's day.
In grandma's day
32 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 26 cm
- Jackson, Jeraldine, 1932- -- Juvenile literature.
Jackson, Jeraldine, 1932-
African American cooking -- History -- Juvenile literature.
African Americans -- Social life and customs -- Juvenile literature.
African Americans -- Food -- Juvenile literature.
African American cooking.
African Americans -- Social life and customs.
- Childrens subjects:
- Jackson, Jeraldine, 1932- -- Childhood and youth.
Food habits -- History -- 20th century.
African Americans -- Biography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Minnesota Minneapolis.
- Recalls what it was like for a young African American girl to help prepare meals for her large family living in Madison, Illinois, in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Feeding a big family
A different kitchen
Rationing for war
Digging for victory
Canning: a family event
Storing the fruits of summer
Grandma's great food
Homework and cleaning up
- "Edited by Faye Gardner. Text designed by Ian Winton. Illustrations by Stuart Lafford."
"Muscle Bound for Long Wear"--Back cover.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Jackson, Jeraldine, 1932- author.
Winton, Ian, designer.
Lafford, Stuart, illustrator.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|