Mr. Rakowski / director/producer, Jan Diederen.
- Other Title:
- Mister Rakowski
- [Netherlands?] : [publisher not identified], 
1 videodisc (77 min.) : sound, color
4 3/4 in.
- Rakowski, Samuel, 1916-2007.
Rakowski, Richard, 1951-
Fathers and sons.
Holocaust survivors -- United States -- Biography.
Ex-concentration camp inmates -- United States -- Biography.
Children of Holocaust survivors -- United States.
Children of Holocaust survivors.
Ex-concentration camp inmates.
Fathers and sons.
- Documentary films.
- In English with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
video file DVD video
- "Polish-born Sam Rakowski (1916) had to face anti-Semitism starting at an early age. Pursued by the Nazis, he and his wife Celia eventually ended up in Auschwitz-Birkenau. After surviving the horrors of the camps, they immigrated to the United States and had a son named Richie, now a successful 55-year-old businessman. Since the death of his wife, Sam has occupied a small house on Richie's estate. Despite their awkward relationship, Richie provides his father with the best possible care. Both men are traumatized, Sam because of the war and his first son's death, Richie on account of a childhood marked by his detached and sometimes aggressive father. Separate interviews reveal how serious the lack of communication between the two is, and how badly Richie wants to understand his father."--Container.
- Cameria, Jelie Odé, Katie Pow; editor, Katie Pow; music, Matthijs Kieboom.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2007.
- Diederen, Jan, 1936- film director, film producer.
Rakowski, Samuel, 1916-2007, interviewee (expression)
Rakowski, Richard, 1951- interviewee (expression)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|