Blancanieves [electronic resource].
- Cohen Film Collection, 2012.
1 online resource (streaming video file) (105 minutes) : digital, .flv file, sound
- Snow White (Tale) -- Drama.
Women bullfighters -- Spain -- Drama.
Seville (Spain) -- Drama.
- In English
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
video file MPEG-4 Flash
- Set in southern Spain in 1920s, BLANCANIEVES is a re-imaging of the classic tale of *Snow White* and tribute to silent films. Once upon a time there was a little girl who had never known her mother. She learned the art of her father, a famous bullfighter, but was hated by her evil stepmother. One day she ran away with a troupe of dwarves, and became a legend. Winner of 10 **Goya Awards**, including Best Original Screenplay, Best Actress (Maribel Verdú), and Best Film. Nominated for the Discovery Award at the **Toronto International Film Festival**. Nominated for Best Foreign Film at the **César Awards**. *"From Spain, here's a miracle of fairy tale repurposing: a version of the Brothers Grimm's 'Snow White,' set in Spanish bullfighting country in the late 1920s. Writer-director Pablo Berger's BLANCANIEVES goes all the way with its concept, and then further." - Michael Phillips, **Chicago Tribune***
- Daniel Giménez Cacho, Emilio Gavira, Maribel Verdú
Originally produced by Cohen Film Collection in 2012.
Title from title screen.
- Berger, Pablo, film director.
Giménez Cacho, Daniel, actor.
Gavira, Emilio, actor.
Verdú, Maribel, actor.
- Publisher Number:
- 5793453 Kanopy
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|