100 years, 100 art-works : a history of modern and contemporary art / Ágnes Berecz.
- Other Title:
- One hundred years, one hundred artworks
Hundred years, hundred artworks
- Munich ; New York : Prestel Verlag, 
216 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 x 22 cm
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Themes, motives.
Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Themes, motives.
Art, Modern -- Themes, motives.
- "Starting with Marcel Duchamp's brilliantly cheeky L.H.O.O.Q., this volume takes you on a year-by-year tour of the most iconic and influential artowrks of the past century. The works are impeccably reproduced in stunning images, alongside analysis from noted art historian Ágnes Berecs. When read in sequence, these entries provide an evocative summary of a hundred years of stylistic innovations, historic events, and ongoing dialogues in the field of art. Including paintings, sculptures, installations, and performance pieces this careful selection showcases diversity not only of form and medium, but also of social and geopolitical context and the level of success enjoyed by the artist during his or her lifetime"--From dust jacket.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 210-211).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|