SITElines 2018 : Casa Tomada / curatorial team, José Luis Blondet, Candice Hopkins, Ruba Katrib.
- Other Title:
- Casa Tomada : SITElines, 2018
Colophon title: SITElines 2018 : new perspectives on art of the Americas
- Santa Fe, NM : SITE Santa Fe, 2018 , ©2018
- New York, NY : Available through D.A.P./Distributed Art Publishers
141 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 28 cm
- Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
Art -- America -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
Art -- America -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- 'Casa Tomada' is the third installment in SITE Santa Fe's re-imagined biennial series with a focus on contemporary art from the Americas. The exhibition features 23 artists from eight countries and ten new commissions. The title of SITElines.2018 references Argentine writer Julio Cortázar's 1946 short story "Casa tomada" (House Taken Over), which follows two shut-in siblings devoted to the care of their ancestral home. As a mysterious and unnamed presence begins to occupy parts of the house, they are eventually forced out onto the street without any material possessions. The exhibition plays off the ambiguities of this story, addressing the reciprocal and complex relationship between the ones who stay and the ones who leave, and those that belong and those that are outliers. Exhibition: Site Santa Fe, USA (03.08.2018-06.01.2019).
- Foreword / Irene Hofmann
Locked out (ghosts and orthopedics) / José Luis Blondet
You might say that the masters never saw it coming / Candice Hopkins
Displacements / Ruba Katrib
Works in the exhibition
Scalp, tea, horse, vase, banana, stick / Magalí Arriola
Dispossession / Evan Calder Williams
If thy right eye offend thee / Naomi Beckwith.
- Catalog published to accompany the exhibition Casa Tomada SITElines, 2018: New perspectives on art of the Americas, held at SITE Santa Fe, August 3, 2018-January 6, 2019.
"SITElines 2018 team: Brandee Caoba, John Cross, Irene Hofmann, Joanne Lefrak, Sage Sommer."
Includes bibliographical references.
Artists: Lute Bacher, USA ; Ángela Bonadies and Juan José Olavarría, Venezuela ; Melissa Cody, USA ; Paz Errázuriz, Chile ; Victor Estrada, USA ; Radamés "Juni" Figueroa, Puerto Rico ; Andrea Fraser, USA ; Hock E. Aye Vi Edgar Heap of Birds, USA ; Fernanda Laguna, Argentina ; Victoria Mamnguqsualuk, Canada ; Jumana Manna, USA ; Eduardo Navarro, Argentina ; NuMu (Stefan Benchoam and Jessica Kairé), Guatemala ; Tania Pérez Córdova, Mexico ; Jamasee Pitseolak, Canada ; Naufus Ramírez-Figueroa, Guatemala ; Eric-Paul Riege, USA ; Curtis Talwst Santiago, Canada ; Sable Elyse Smith, USA ; Stephanie Taylor, USA ; Lawrence Paul Yuxweluptun, Canada.
- Blondet, José Luis, organizer, writer of added commentary.
Hopkins, Candice, organizer, writer of added commentary.
Katrib, Ruba, organizer, writer of added commentary.
Arriola, Magali, writer of added commentary.
Beckwith, Naomi, writer of added commentary.
Hofmann, Irene, writer of added commentary.
Williams, Evan Calder, writer of added commentary.
Caoba, Brandee, contributor.
Hofmann, Irene, contributor.
Lefrak, Joanne, contributor.
Site Santa Fe (Gallery), host institution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|