Manet and modern beauty : the artist's last years / edited by Scott Allan, Emily A. Beeny, Gloria Groom ; essays by Scott Allan, Bridget Alsdorf, Carol Armstrong, Emily A. Beeny, Helen Burnham, Gloria Groom, Leah Lehmbeck, Devi Ormond and Catherine Schmidt Patterson, Samuel Rodary.
- Los Angeles : The J. Paul Getty Museum,  , ©2019
xv, 384 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Manet, Édouard, 1832-1883 -- Exhibitions.
Manet, Édouard, 1832-1883 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Manet, Édouard, 1832-1883.
- Exhibition catalogs.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- "An examination of the last years of the artist Édouard Manet's life and work"--Provided by publisher.
- Foreword / Timothy Potts and James Rondeau
Lenders to the exhibition
Introduction: beauty, fashion, and happiness / Scott Allan, Emily A. Beeny, and Gloria Groom
Faux frere: Manet and the Salon, 1879-1882 / Scott Allan
"The type of an era": Manet and the Parisienne / Helen Burnham
All the world's a stage: Manet's images of model-actresses / Leah Lehmbeck
Foregrounding Manet's backgrounds / Gloria Groom
Manet and the eighteenth century / Emily A. Beeny
Manet's little nothings / Carol Armstrong
Manet's fleurs du mal / Bridget Alsdorf
The making of a Parisienne: Manet's methods and materials / Devi Ormond and Catherine Schmidt Patterson with Douglas MacLennan and Nathan Daly
Edouard Manet: a selection of letters, 1878-1883 / Samuel Rodary
- "This publication is issued on the occasion of the exhibition Manet and Modern Beauty: The Artist's Last Years, on view at the Art Institute of Chicago from May 26 to September 8, 2019, and at the J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center, Los Angeles, from October 8, 2019, to January 12, 2020."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Allan, Scott, 1975- editor, writer of supplementary textual content.
Beeny, Emily A., editor, writer of supplementary textual content.
Groom, Gloria Lynn, editor, writer of supplementary textual content.
Alsdorf, Bridget, writer of supplementary textual content.
Armstrong, Carol, writer of supplementary textual content.
Burnham, Helen, writer of supplementary textual content.
Lehmbeck, Leah, writer of supplementary textual content.
Ormond, Devi, writer of supplementary textual content.
J. Paul Getty Museum, organizer, host institution, issuing body.
Art Institute of Chicago, organizer, host institution.
- Manet, Édouard, 1832-1883. Works. Selections (2019)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|