August Sander / introduction by Susanne Lange.
- Standardized Title:
- August Sander. English
- London : Thames & Hudson, 2019. , ©2019
1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations ; 19 cm.
- Sander, August.
PHOTOGRAPHY / Subjects & Themes / Portraits.
- Introduction translated from a French translation for the Photo Poche edition, of the original German.
- August Sander (1876-1964) was a documentary photographer whose greatest project lasted his entire working life. His series of portrait studies of the German people spanned three eras - the German Empire, the Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany - and every social class, combining to form a fascinating social mirror of the country over a tumultuous period in its history. Working with calm determination, Sander cast the same lucid eye on bankers and boxers, soldiers and circus performers, creating strikingly honest images that fulfill his sole ambition: to tell the truth about humanity.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Lange, Susanne, 1959- writer of introduction.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|