Study abroad : traditions and new directions / edited by Miriam Fuchs and Sarita Rai, with Yves Loiseau.
- New York, New York : The Modern Language Association of America, 
- Teaching languages, literatures, and cultures series ; 5
vi, 175 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Foreign study.
American students -- Foreign countries.
- "Focuses on language learning and cultural studies study abroad programs. Topics include experiential strategies, university-community relations, multicultural awareness in preservice teachers, popular literature, emerging issues, and best practices. Sites of the programs include China, Cuba, France, and South Africa"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction: contexts and changes in study abroad / Miriam Fuchs and Sarita Rai, with Yves Loiseau
Overcoming ethnocentrism in research on language learning abroad / Celeste Kinginger
College-level Mandarin Chinese study abroad pedagogy from an ecological and sociocultural perspective / Li Jin
The city as the classroom: maximizing learning abroad through language and culture experiential strategies / Tania Convertini
Developing a service-learning component within a university-based study abroad program: implications for university-community relations / Jose Antonio Torralba
How study abroad experiences develop multicultural awareness in preservice teachers: an eleven-year multiple case study / Suniti Sharma and JoAnn Phillion
Active learning through academic travel, research, and collaboration: the arts of medieval and renaissance Britain / Rosanne Fleszar Denhard
The beloved country: teaching the history and literature of South African apartheid / Mindi McMann
Expanding the study abroad curriculum: a case study in mathematics / Monique Chyba
Art (and lies) in Paris: the ethics of popular literature / Miriam Fuchs
Best practices for planning, developing, and sustaining interdisciplinary language-based study abroad programs / Chad M. Gasta
Princeton in Cuba: a study abroad program in Havana / Ruben Gallo
Emerging issues in study abroad / Sarita Rai.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-172) and index.
- Fuchs, Miriam, 1949- editor.
Rai, Sarita, 1958- editor.
Loiseau, Yves, 1963- editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Study abroad
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|