Eudora Welty : photographs / new foreword by Natasha Trethewey ; foreword by Reynolds Price ; [interview was conducted by Hunter Cole and Seetha Srinivasan].
- Other Title:
- Eudora Welty, photographs
- Updated and expanded.
- Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, 
xlii,  unpaged leaves : illustrations ; 27 x 24 cm
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001.
Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 -- Interviews.
Photography, Artistic -- Pictorial works.
Documentary photography -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.
Mississippi -- Pictorial works.
- Illustrated works.
- "Eudora Welty's Photographs, originally published in 1989, serves as the definitive book of the critically acclaimed writer's photographs. Her camera's view finder conveys deep compassion and her artist's sensibilities. Eudora Welty's Photographs is a deeply felt documentation of 1930s Mississippi taken by a keenly observant photographer who showed the human side of her subjects. Also included in the book are photographs from Welty's travels to New York, New Orleans, South Carolina, Mexico, and Europe in the 1930s, '40s, and '50s. The photographs in this edition are new digital scans of Welty's original negatives, restoring the images to their original glory. It also features sixteen additional images, several of which were selected by Welty for her 1936 photography exhibit in New York City and have never before been reproduced for publication, along with a resonant foreword by Pulitzer Prize-winning writer and Mississippi native Natasha Trethewey."--Provided by publisher.
- That's just the way it was
The only news
- Includes Eudora Welty and Photography: An Interview.
- Trethewey, Natasha D., 1966- author of foreword.
Price, Reynolds, 1933-2011, author of foreword.
Cole, Hunter, interviewer.
Srinivasan, Seetha, interviewer.
- Other format:
- Online version: Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001, photographer. Eudora Welty.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|