Constitution and laws of the Cherokee Nation / published by authority of the National Council.
- Other records:
- St. Louis : R. & T.A. Ennis, printers and book binders ..., 1875.
284, v,  pages ; 22 cm
- Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma.
Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Missouri Saint Louis.
- Published also in Cherokee.
"An act adopting the new code of laws. Be it enacted by the National Council, as follows, to-wit: The Revised Code of laws as prepared by Messrs. Wm. P. Boudinot, D.H. Ross and J.A. Scales, Commissioners, appointed under the provisions of an act entitled 'an act providing for the revision of the laws,' approved November 19th, 1873, and as amended by the joint committee of the National Council ...": P. -35.
- Local notes:
- Dechert copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2019 from The Philadelphia Rare Books & Manuscripts Company.
Dechert copy: "Publisher's law sheep, spine with gilt-stamped red leather title-label; binding showing moderate wear and staining back joint starting from foot with cover still secure, top edge of front cover chipped."--Bookseller's description.
Dechert copy has tear in p. 201-202, portion of p. 283-284 torn off with some loss of text, and portion of back free endpaper torn off.
- Cited in:
- Hargrett, L. Bibliography of the constitutions and laws of the American Indians, 36
Gilcrease-Hargrett catalogue of imprints, p. 61
Rader, J.L. South of forty, 712
- Boudinot, W. P. (William P.), compiler.
Ross, Daniel H. (Daniel Hicks), compiler.
Scales, J. A. (Joseph A.), compiler.
Ennis, Richard, 1833-1902, printer.
Ennis, Thomas A., -1894, printer.
- Other format:
- Online version: Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma. Constitution and laws of the Cherokee Nation.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|